The Bandipur-Nagarhole landscape is part of the crucial Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve hosting over 250 tigers, over 2000 elephants and many other rare species, besides being a source of perennial rivers:
- Encourage the farmers around tiger reserves to move back to millet through subsidies or get into ecosystem farming to ensure minimal conflict with animals.
- Fill vacant forest staff posts immediately - more than 50% posts are vacant at the moment.
- Redirect all public roads that pass through tiger reserves.
- Set up a special tiger protection force.
- Establish eco-sensitive zones in the immediate vicinity of tiger reserves.