CHALLENGES FACED BY MAHARASHTRA
- Notify buffer zones around tiger reserves.
- Declare an eco-sensitive zone around Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve to curb construction of tourism complexes in existing corridors.
- The NH-7 should be redirected so that it does not cut through Pench. Nearly 9 kms of the highway, currently, pass through Pench.
- NH 6 also should not be widened. It passes through the corridor between Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary and Navegaon National Park.
- Fill vacant forest staff posts.
- A qualified resettlement officer should be appointed by the state government and dedicated to the task of voluntary shift of villages.
- Set up a special tiger protection force.