CHALLENGES FACED BY WEST BENGAL
- Put systems in place to mitigate man-animal conflict and enhance monitoring of tigers in the Sunderbans.
- Amphibious rapid response teams in the Sunderbans to deal with any untoward situation.
- Work closely with Bangladesh to reduce illegal logging and poaching of wildlife in the Sunderbans.
- Filling vacant posts of forest guards and giving them training and good working conditions.
- Concentrate on lesser-known tiger parks like Buxa, declare buffer zones and increase protection to forest corridors.